Bear Hunts are offered in both the spring and fall seasons. Season dates are the same for residents, non-residents and foreigners.
The spring season runs for eight weeks, from the third week of April until mid- June. The four weeks of May are the prime hunting times.
The fall season runs for seven weeks, from the fourth week of August to the first week of October. The last four or five weeks of the fall season are the prime hunting times.
Fisher River Outfitters has 12 available non-resident bear hunts within three areas where they hold exclusive bear outfitting rights: Lynx Creek, Moose Creek and Sugar Creek. The start-up goal is to book 6 bear hunters for the spring hunt and 6 for the fall; two hunters in GHA 21 AND four in GHA 21A for each season.
Black Bear Hunting Packages are priced at $3,000.00 for a six day hunt that includes:
- Bear Hunting Licence
- Transportation to and from Winnipeg Airport;
- Transportation to and from hunting blinds or stands;
- Accommodations in the new Fisher River Inn & Suites, Toria’s Motel, or in Tent Camps for more remote locations;
- Breakfast, dinner, and a box or shore lunch;
- One guide for every two hunters;
- Assist with game retrieval and field dressing;
- Other amenities